Friday, August 10, 2007

Where It's At

Time for a big round-robin update on the writing stylings of Charlie and Dave, Partners in Fear.

We have this big comedy. It's funny. Honestly, people read it and tell us that it's damn funny. This makes us feel good. Giddy, even. So we gave the comedy to a guy Charlie knows who has worked in big-time comedy. His response?

"This is really funny. I don't know what genre it is, but it's very funny."

Uhm.... what genre? It's funny and you don't know the genre? How about... oh I don't know.... comedy?

But anyway. We're figuring that ship won't be sailing our way in the near future, so we've thought about what to do with this very funny script.

"But David!" you say, "You have a Manager and an Agent! Give it to them!"

Well, yeah. Except that My Manager loves me for my sci-fi/horror/fantasy. My Manager has other comedy clients, and Managers in general aren't keen to mix and match. But I finally sucked up my gut and asked My Manager if they would look at the script. The response?

"Sure. Send it over."

So OK, there's that. Sent it over, we'll probably hear something in about two weeks. Because everything takes two weeks in Hollywood. Part of the Space/Time Continuum thing.

(Side Note: How cool is the word "continuum?" It has two u's next to each other. Two u's!)

In the meantime, we're still waiting for Siege to bust out. We've been waiting (just so you know) for this particular project to bust out since December of 2005. That's becoming a long time ago. And yet, to quote Phil Collins (which I don't think people do often enough) We Wait and We Wonder.

In fact, I think I might have named another post with that very quote. Huh.

In other news, after months of banging on Charlie's Electronic door begging for an update on our Masonic/Fast Food/Frog-in-Blender/Jungle epic, it's my turn. I'm sitting on it. I should be working on it, but I am instead working on projects for My Manager that have nothing to do with Charlie.

I'm like that.

But it's near the top of the queue, so Charlie will just have to bear with me and shut the Hell up.

Beyond that, business as normal.

See.. if it's funny, it's probably a comedy. That's my thought.

*sigh*