Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Back in the Saddle (How many Gunmen does it take...)

Greetings one and.. well, one. (Our stats say that's about all the readership we get. So Hi! How're the kids?)

Speaking of Kids, I had one. A son. Griffin James Neilsen. The First. Yeah, I like that. Griffin James Neilsen I. Let him start his own dynasty if he wants. Sweet.

So I've been doing the whole "I've got a 2-week old and you don't" routine for a couple of weeks, combined with the "I've also got a 2 1/2-year old and you might" thing, it's kept me busy.

But Hollywood (or at least Orlando) calls, so I need to jump back in the saddle (mmm... leathery...) and see where we are.

As Charlie has mentioned, he has sent me what amounts to nothing less than a complete draft of our opus. I then went ahead and re-wrote the ending so it was less.. sucky. Now I'm currently going through the entire script, making it clean, pretty, and making sure it smells good.

And I'm counting Gunmen.

We have a lot of Evil Gunmen in the script. Our hero dispatches them periodically in inventive and original ways.. or by shooting them, depending on how creative we were feeling at the time. Thing is, we kinda lost track of how many there are and so forth, so right now, my main task is to go through and count them.

It goes a lot like this:

"OK, He sends three Gunmen into the room. One is killed. That means the other two live to be sent somewhere else."

"He kills three in this room. Where did they come from? Oh, one of them went in that other room. OK. That's one less we need."

"Where did this guy come from? Oh, a previous draft. He's this other guy now, yeah, got him. He dies in the next scene."

"OK, there's supposed to be four here, but then they disappear. That can't be good."

And so on. A lot of Gunmen Revisionist History going on right now.

Next script.. nothing but puppies.