Friday, November 04, 2005

Every Batman Needs a Robin

So you've met my esteemed writing partner Dave...

My aplogies. Hopefully he hasn't offended you already. He will, though. Give it time.

I'm Charlie Flint. As Dave pointed out, he approached me a few weeks ago to partner with him on the creation of this magnum opus. Gone With The Wind. The Ten Commandments. Raging Bull. And now our little flick. Sure, they had massive budgets, and big stars, and... well... more than one location... but we've got... well... we've got chutzpah. Yeah. That's right. I said it. Chutzpah.

Chutzpah and Dave Neilsen, screenwriter with a produced flick!

But back to me. Me. Me. Me. As Dave noted, I am a previously unsuccessful screenwriter (insomuch as one judges success by sales). Dave and I have actually written together before, and if anyone out there is interested in a fun little sci-fi flick about cops, political intrigue, time travel, and the Masons (yes... the Masons), have we got a deal for you. I've written a few other things, both alone and with partners, all of which sits in a box, locked up, at the local U-STOR-IT. The one notable exception being a treatment for a TV series, which a partner and I created in 2000 and optioned to Pearson (aka Freemantle) Television, the guys who produce American Idol. It sat in a box in their U-STOR-IT in Santa Monica until the option expired and it shriveled up and died on the proverbial vine. But... hey!... it sold!

Yeah. My writing career was such a hit that I recently moved from LA to Atlanta, GA, and am working as a project manager for a big dot-com by day and collaborating with Dave on the movie at night.

Anyhow... so the prospect of actually seeing something I've written end up on screen is very exciting. I've really been enjoying the collaborative process with Dave, and hope its working for him, too. After all, I already have ideas for installments #2 and #3 of the epic trilogy this film will launch...

Sorry... just a point of clarification. When I said "end up on screen" in the previous paragraph, what I actually mean is *TV* screen, assuming I can get an import of the flick on DVD from Uzbekistan, where it'll actually be released.

Introductions out of the way, I'm looking forward to helping tell the story of our story. Its got heartache. Intrigue. Danger. Fistfights. Lovemaking. And that's just the screenwriting process.

*ahem* Where was I?

Oh yeah... looking forward to it.