Wednesday, March 01, 2006

When Inspiration Hits...

So as Charlie has mentioned, we've changed our direction.

New day, new project. It's not that the Horror idea we had (have, still have) is bad, it just hadn't caught fire within our bellies. We were finding excuses NOT to write (I've got a headache, my Dog needs to be fed, I have to obsess over American Idol, things like that) and that was resulting in- get this- us not writing.

But then I had a dream.

I don't often have dreams. Well, not ones that I remember. Well, not ones that I remember that I can also turn into a feature script. I mean sure, last night I had this dream where I was convincing my friend to give me his large zip-lock bag of cocaine so that I could take it to the police and the bad guys wouldn't kill his wife, daughter, and for some reason ostrich (this WAS a dream, after all). That, now that I think about, could be made into a movie. It may already have been, when you get right down to it. Probably starred Snoop Dogg and Tom Arnold or something.

But I digress.

I had a dream that was the first act of a pretty cool, spooky, little horror adventure. So I got up, rubbed my eyes, turned on the computer, and wrote down what I remembered.

And lo, it was good.

And lo, it was 20 pages.

And lo, I had no idea where it went next.

So I decided to share it with Charlie.

"Hey Charlie, I want you to read something."

"Have you started working on our kick-ass horror idea?"

"Uhmmmm... no."

"Oh."

"But this is good."

"And it's something you wrote INSTEAD of working on our kick-ass horror idea."

"Right."

"But it's not the OTHER project you're working on without me, the one that you're writing instead of working on our kick-ass horror project."

"Right, it's a new script."

"So you're working on TWO new scripts instead of working on our kick-ass-"

"Look, you want to read it or not?"

And he did. And he liked it. And then he asked me where I was planning on taking it next. And I said "I dunno. Let's write it together."

And there we are.

I don't want to say too much about this yet. It's horror. It's adventure. It's spooky. It's creepy. It's a lot of fun. It's got 20 pages behind it, which is more than our kick-ass horror idea has at the moment, so there ya go.

Also, writing it... the fire burned within. Gotta get that fire. That "Ooooo. I like this." fire that burns in your head and makes you type so fast your fingers hit the wrong keys. But you don't care because you gotta get it all down on paper. (Computer paper. Paper in the computer. Computer memory paper. Work with me.)

So sit back, relax, and get ready to hear all about our new project. The ins and outs. The ups and downs. The bi-coastal writing blues. Hold on for the ride.

IN OTHER NEWS. Producer Dude says we're close. Money is coming. It's in the country. It's getting a massage, soaking in oils, whatever. Charlie and I might see cash-cash mid-March.

This is me. This is me not holding my breath. This is me not counting any chickens until they have hatched. This is me pretending not to care and starting a new project with Charlie.

Hurry up and wait.