Monday, March 06, 2006

Game on...

So our latest script is officially underway.

Dave and I have had numerous discussions about it, and several phone calls. We didn't even have phone calls when writing Siege, man. It was all by IM. But in ironing out some of the details, it seemed best to hear one another's voices.

I think Dave has felt like he's "bullied" me into a couple of the creative decisions we've made so far, but that's really not the case. Truth is, I'm feeling relatively flexible at this point. Some of the ideas he's presented have, in all honesty, caused me some concern at first blush. When you do something with a combined "adventure/horror" theme, its REAL easy to end up knee deep in cheese.

And, sure, we're "The B Movie Writers," but that doesn't mean we wanna write shlock.

But in talking it over, and presenting my concerns, I'm certain he "gets it," and we're on the same sheet of music. Its a very fine line, though. One creepy crawlie too many and we've crossed into Snakes-On-A-Plane-dom. But get it right... and we've got ourselves a fun little flick.

So we'll be gut-checking constantly. Who knows... we might even want to hit up some of ya'll readers for some feedback along the way. Might be best to get a 3rd party ruling if it gets questionable.

And so we go. Dave wrote the first couple of scenes of the movie to sell me. I'm sold. So this weekend he's rewriting them, based on the conversations we've had, and then is going to write the next couple of beats. He'll then pass it back to me, I'll revise, and write the next couple of scenes after that.

And thus the process will go, much as it did with SIEGE, until we're done.

Speaking of which... word from PRODUCER DUDE is that the financing may be moved up by a week, in which case the first round could close week after next. Our contracts are supposed to go out in the mail on Monday, as well, so we may actually be seeing some forward momentum on that front, too. Tho I'm not counting my chickens JUST yet.

Stay tuned... the ball is in motion.

Charlie

Tags: , , , ,