Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Contracts in the Air

Word from Producer Dude is that there are contracts- actual, living, breathing contracts- currently in the air on their way to our homes. One to me in LA, one to Charlie in that strange place that is not LA.

So I guess that means there's movement.

Truth told, there seems to be a lot of movement lately. Money is here, it's getting released next week or the week after, they desperately want the script so they can start pre-production, people are drooling, shifting back and forth on their feet at the thought of Siege finally being made.

It's a heady time.

Again, I haven't seen these contracts. Once I do, there's no guarantee that I'll like them. Even if I like them, there's no guarantee that, once we sign and return them, anything of significance will happen.

I've signed contracts before. A bunch. As in more than one. And yet, how many finished products do I have on the market?

That would be one.

That means there are signed contracts floating around in my filing cabinet that are, at this point, little more than poignant keepsakes.

But I am a true believer. And so I shall drink the Kool-Aid and get my dancing shoes out of the closet. I'm not putting them on, mind you, but at they're sitting on the mantle, airing out for the day when cash-cash is in my grubby little hands and I can revel in the joys of being the writer of two, count them- TWO, straight-to-video movies.

Something my kids will be able to point to with pride when others tell them their father is a no-good, drunk has-been. They can say "Sure, but look, there was a time when he was a never-will-be!"

So proud. So very proud.