Thursday, January 04, 2007

2007: A Year Of

So it's 2007. January. Which means it's cold. Much like the prospects of ever getting a movie done with Producer Dude. Charlie's amusing post not withstanding.

Actually, from where I sit, 2007 hold much promise. Both for me personally, and even for Neilsen/Flint two-man writing team which I pull along behind me like dead weight. Here is a list of things that make me want to look up, not down.

Something is going to happen with Siege.

Producer Dude swears on the life of his children he's going to make it this year. Whatever. My Agent is reading it now and should let me know within the week if we should try to steal it away from Producer Dude and send to Real Companies who can pay Real Money for it, or if the script is really only fit for Producer Dude. In either case, something is going to happen with this script.

The un-named banana farm/wi-fi/home furnishings/serial killer script.

It has been read by My Managers. They said it seemed like a "B" movie. They said this as if it were a bad thing. Have they SEEN what's on Sci-Fi Channel every Saturday? In any case, a junior, junior, phone answerer guy over there dug it and is sending us his thoughts and notes on it. And My Manager has reluctantly agreed to re-read it if we incorporate this lowly-but-future Ovitz's notes. So there ya go.

My other project with Producer Dude.

I have another script, an even older one, originally written in, like, 2001 or 2002. Well it's going forward. And best of all, it doesn't 100% rely on Producer Dude, he kinda handed it off. So it may be in better shape than Siege.

My latest non-Charlie, non-Producer Dude project.

After all my meetings in LA, I wrote the big winner of my personal pitch-fest. Finished the draft New Year's Eve. Handed it off to My Manager. They're looking over it and will get back to me. But I like it. And I hope they like it. And we will fine-tune it and then send it to the numerous companies who are waiting to read it. That means more meetings (probably in the Spring) and hopefully, this time someone will bite.

My TV project.

I have a TV project that I've put together with My Manager. It has gotten interest. Paramount is checking it out (low-level) but even better, a Real Company that you've heard of (or at least, you've heard of some of their projects) likes it and My Manager's setting up a call later this month with them to talk about it, see how we take it to the next level. Get paid. Whatever.

So I'm feeling good about 2007. Which is good because, let's face it, 2006 sucked. If it weren't for Charlie, I'd have lost my marbles long ago.

He's my rock. The kind I like to skip out across the waves and then wait for the tide to bring back to me.

So that's my year, how's yours shaping up?