Friday, December 29, 2006

A Christmas Miracle?

T'was the night before Christmas,
as I sat in a pew.
My twice yearly church outing,
(my wife says that's too few).

The priest was a prayin',
when my hip started to vibe.
I reached down and grabbed
the blackberry strapped to my side.

I stared at the screen,
mouth agape in a flash.
T'was an email from Producer Dude,
claiming he'd closed on some cash.

My heart full of excitement,
my brain full of doubt.
Was there really a chance
this flick might someday come out?

The production, he said
should begin in late Spring.
Just as soon as he finished
some other B-Movie he's shooting.

"The funding's legit,
the bank's got cash in hand.
Just send me signed contracts,
and I'll FEDEX checks cross the land."

So now we're excited...
Will they shoot in Ontario?
But this isn't the first time,
we've heard this scenario.

On drawdowns! On hold-ups!
On international bankers!
On off-shore funding sources
sunk by mysterious anchors!

Come funding that's held up
by deals that collapsed.
Or options on screenplays
that recently lapsed.

But enough with the cynicism,
it paints me so jaded.
Perhaps 2007 will really bring a tale,
of a house that's been invaded.

So we'll see what the upcoming
weeks and months bring.
And if international distributors
let us put boobs on the screen.

Until then we'll keep writing,
I'm rescribing Dave's script full of humor.
In hopes that this comedy,
will be an early Spring bloomer.

Through 2007 we'll keep blogging,
we'll keep you all up to date.
By whining about how
our movies never get made.

And so I exclaim
as I post to this site,
"Happy B Movies to all,
and to all a good night!"

- Charlie