Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Chick Power!

So I read my own blog post a few times and decided to take my own advice.

Adding a Hot Chick.

At this point, I'm on page 49 out of what looks like 80, if I'm lucky. So I've gone back to the beginning, because the Hot Chick needs to be integrated seemlessly into the entire script. Including the opening scene.

I've crafted a wonderful Hot Chick. I'm very excited about her. She's Hot. She's a Chick. What can go wrong?

Hot Chick will allow me to open up my script in a number of ways.

1) Emotional Love Triangle. Suddenly, there's someone for Lead Guy to be into, and someone he can get jealous over. Jealousy rocks.

2) Break up all the Man-On-Man scenes. Right now I've got a ton of scenes that are between two guys. Then they end and I cut to another scene between two guys. Gets old. Now there'll be scenes between guys and girls. Always a plus.

3) Extended Script. One more main character equals one more character to dispose of, which takes time. So now I'm looking at 85-90 pages. That's a big help.

4) Booty. Get to have a sex scene without pissing off the religious right. 'Nuff said.

So I'm pleased with Hot Chick. She's going to be very exciting to write. I'll try not to use the word "supple" too much while doing it.

Rock On.