Thursday, December 14, 2006

Things My Latest Script Is Not Like...

1) The Country Bear Jamboree at Disneyland

Because we don't all get along. We fight, and tussle, and though I play a mean Triangle, harmony is not in the cards. Discord and dissent make for a yummy script.

I mention this because my current project is in danger of being too "Everybody's happy" for it's own good. Bad things happen, and I get over them in the blink of an eye. I need to stop this. It's the mediator in me, not wanting to put anyone- even ficticious characters of my own creation- in a difficult spot. I feel bad for these folks, I like them.

I need to stop liking them. Start kicking some butt.

2) The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Addition

Because I seem to have forgotten to include women in the story. I have a young wife who has a couple of tiny scenes. A mother showed up for about two minutes. That's about it. It's a sausage hang. That isn't the best thing in the world. I need me some sweet young thangs to dazzle the camera and bring in the 18-25 year-old males. Boys like girls. I need to create some girls and get them into the action.

3) War and Peace

Because right now, it's well on its way to becoming a full 75 pages or so. That's a little short. I seem to be having difficulty with length lately. Another project of mine is 124 pages and I'm just starting the 3rd act.

Maybe I can just cut some scenes from that one and stick them in here.

Actually, if my first draft is, indeed, in the wee-folk land of length, I may be able to help out by fixing Problem #2 and inserting women. Chicks dig back story, and that's good for at least 5 pages, right?

4) Babe: Pig in the City

Because my guys seem to like to say f*** a lot. Kids, what are you gonna do? Still, I think having all 4 main characters run around saying f*** this and f*** that gets old. So I need to dive back in and give some of these guys other things to say. Not everyone in the world spouts f*** left and right. Unless they're in a Scorsese picture or something.

5) Siege

Because that's done, and this isn't. So I need to get back to work.

I have a lot of work ahead of me, but it's part of the joy of writing. Rewriting. Anyone who says differently is selling something. Usual some scam story-help seminar.

But in general, I'd say this baby is coming along nicely.

Rock on.