Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Forward Progress... Right Into That Big Sticky Bog

So I sent a rabid email to Producer Dude.

"Hey! What's going on? Where's our contracts? What's your problem? Who do I have to sleep with to get this movie made? Is she cute?"

To which Producer Dude eventually replied, via IM.

"David. You there?"

"Producer Dude! Hi!"

"I got your email. We've had some changes in the company. We're switching distributors because we got much better offers. They want Siege. So it's happening. I need about a week, maybe a month, to finalize everything, get the contracts out. You're the best."

"So, what, like a month? Money in a month?"

"You're the best."

"Any more news on those big names that have signed letters of intent to be in our film?"

"You're the best."

"Am I better than Charlie?"

"No."

So there you go. When Producer Dude ever makes Siege (I said WHEN, not IF) it will be through a new distributor. Which means... uhm... to us... uhm...

Dick.

But at least Producer Dude is returning my emails. More or less.

Onward, Christian Soldier!!!