Friday, July 06, 2007

What the heck..?

So I mentioned awhile back that I've started work on a new screenplay, sans Dave. Things were going ok... I was plugging along, working hard on it. I think it was shaping up nicely...

And then. Splat. It just seems to have run out of steam.

I'm not sure what the deal is, frankly. I thought I was on the right path, but sometimes your writing gets ahead of your thinking. To wit - I know the characters. Who I want them to be, where I want them to go, what I want them to experience. And I know the general plot - what I want to happen and how I want it to end. Happy endings all around, right?

But... well... after getting a 2nd opinion and re-reading it myself, it appears to be a mess. The character's are actually not well defined at all. The plot's all over the place. And the supporting cast is sloppy.

I'm not tossing it. Au contraire... I'm stepping up my game and intend to work extra hard to bring it together. But for now, the whole thing's just... confusing and weird.

On this script I kind of jumped out of the plane without a chute. Or a clear landing spot. Now I need to regroup and get back to the plot.

- Charlie

P.S. No, we haven't heard from Producer Dude. Shocker, huh?