Friday, February 24, 2006

I've got a dirty secret...

Last night I had a couple of glasses of wine too many.

Afterward I did something I feel really bad about. It makes me feel dirty just thinking about it, the day after, but it was soooo good.

And I can't believe I would have made the mistake of giving in to someone who's treated me so poorly in the past.

But, oh, its soo good.

Yes... I've been naughty. I've been watching American Idol.

Yes. The same American Idol that stole Ryan Seacrest away from the woulda-been radio juggernaut "Convince Me Countdown." The same American Idol that distracted Freemantle Media from the series I sold them, "DateNight USA."

But... DAMN American Idol is good TV. I just eat it all up. Every second of it.

So here ya go. I'm calling it early. Before they ever kick out the first kid. My predictions for the final 12. Once they get to the final 12, I'll be bold and share my GRAND WINNER prediction with ya'll.

GUYS:
- Ace (swoon)
- Taylor Hicks (does he realize he's not an 80 year old black man with palsy?)
- Chris Daughtry (the requisite rocker)
- Will Makar (the young-ish cute Bobby Brady one... he'll knock out Kevin for the little girl vote)
- Elliot Yamin (has there ever been an uglier AI contestant, who still sounds great?)
- Patrick Hall (who won't last long, but by virtue of being a dead ringer for The Great Gazoo will be around for a bit)

GIRLS:
- Becky O'Donohue (I can only pray for a Playboy pictorial once she gets booted)
- Katharine McPhee (she looks like the younger, gentler, less-sullied Katie Holmes, and can sing damn good)
- Kellie Pickler (who's Daddy is in jail and who's mamma says she can sing like an angel)
- Paris Bennett (who'll be around for a LONG time to come)
- Mandisa (one person's name, 5 people's butts)
- Lisa Tucker (the ingenue)

Who do YOU think's gonna make it?

Charlie

Tags: , , ,