Monday, February 20, 2006

An. Tici. Pation.

As you can tell by the semi-drought in recent postings, things are in a bit of a lull.

The financing for SIEGE is in the final throes of birth, and should come through any day now. At least once a week, PRODUCER DUDE IM's one or the both of us and assures us as much. If I had a nickel for every time the financing's been days away from closing... well... I could finance this bloody movie!

Anyhow... once the money clears, we'll get paid, they'll read the script, and then we'll work on rewrites. Honestly, given the timeframe, I don't think they'll be too drastic. I mean... its essentially the last week of February, and they're planning to shoot in April. That leaves ONE MONTH for pre-pro, rewrites, casting, etc, etc, etc, etc, if they stay on schedule (and that's a HUGE "if" at this point, if you ask me). So, really, how much time could they really have to focus on the script?

But... then... you already know this, right, because we're pretty much been in this position for 3 months now, and you've heard this story before.

As for the unnamed horror script... we've continued to flush out the concept through periodic email and IM exchanges, but rolling on it has yet to really "take root." Dave's been pretty slammed with non-writing stuff, but as soon as he gives me the green light, I think we'll be ready to crank up the heat on it.

In short... nothing new to report, really, but I felt bad that it'd been a week since we last posted. And though I wracked my wee brain this morning, I couldn't think of a decent ol' Hollywood story to tell. Sadly, American Idol hasn't f-ed me over lately, leaving me with a dearth of Ryan Seacrest related stories.

Bo Bice - if you're reading, feel free to TP my yard, so I have fodder for future blog posts.

Oh yeah... and Happy President's Day.

Charlie

Tags: , ,