Thursday, February 02, 2006

Dogpiling The Screenplay Agency

I've had great fun reading Warren Leonard's posts about The Screenplay Agency, a sketchy "literary agency" for screenwriters. Warren and several other scribloggers (Virgin Screenwriter, Man Bytes Hollywood) have all submitted utterly ridiculous concepts (no offense) and have all received identical form-letter replies from the agency, who are apparently very interested.

Never one to resist taking the piss out of hucksters, I've decided to join the fray. Here is my submission:

How Did You Hear of Us?
Referred by Ben Affleck. Not *THE* Ben Affleck. My high school buddy Benjamin Affleck. He sells insurance. Which is funny, because he sells it for Prudential, not AFLAC. Go figure.

The Title of Your Work:
Rosebud's Big Adventure

Logline/Synopsis:
Cinema's most famous sled returns in this animated musical that's sure to tickle your funnybone and warm the deepest "Welles" of your heart.

Your Name:
Jedediah Leland

Has Your Work Been Edited or Critiqued, and if So, By Whom?
Ben Affleck sure liked it! ;)

Your Bio:
I was born at a very early age, the son of poor sharecroppers. All my life I had a simple dream - to write. In high school I wrote several plays, including Marsten High's highest grossing presentation to date, a stage adaptation of the classic film "I Spit On Your Grave."

Since High School I haven't had any of my works produced or presented, but I've been writing regularly, with gusto. I've recently retired and live in an assisted-living facility with a computer lab, complete with high-speed internet! I'm looking forward to focusing full-time on my craft again.


If history and the experience of Warren and the others proves true, I should hear from one Sherry Fine, VP of Acquisitions in the very near future. I'll keep you all posted.

That said, wouldn't it be a hoot if my crap idea were the one she rejects!!

Stay tuned.

Charlie