Friday, April 14, 2006

Houston, We Have a Problem

So, like, life in the B-move world ain't all it's cracked up to be.

What? You don't think we're cracking this up to be good?

News on Siege. Two pieces of information. Today and Yesterday. I'll give you Today's first, since it very likely spun Yesterday's news into motion.

It'll all make sense in a sec.

So today we get an email from Producer Dude address to Charlie and myself, as well as a few other people who have been getting ready to get Siege up and running. It said, more or less:

"Man, it's taking a long time to get this money, isn't it?"

Producer Dude's big on understatement.

Seems he got an email from his as-far-as-we-know-phantom money guy that said "Hey! You know that money? The money I've been telling you is coming for the past three months? Yeah, that money. Well it's coming. Some time after Easter. Talk to you then! Hugs and Kisses."

And props to Producer Dude, he figured enough was enough. He isn't giving up, mind you, but he's admitting that it's taken a lot longer than he thought and he's totally sorry and he'll understand if some folks jump ship.

Still, if he gets some miraculous note from his bank after Easter that says there's some cash-cash in there, he'll let everyone know and we'll charge on full speed ahead.

So that was today.

Yesterday, Producer Dude IM's me in a rush. The conversation went something like this:

"Dave! How are you doing?"

"Fine, Producer Dude. How are you?"

"Forget that. I want to send some scripts of yours over to a friend who is looking to make a $500,000 - $1,000,000 movie. He's got money lined up and he just needs a script. Do you want to send him Siege?"

"But... aren't you making Siege?"

"Of course! So I've told him about Siege and about you guys and how I don't have the script so I can't send it to him so he may be contacting you."

"OK. Does that mean you're not going to make Siege?"

"What? Don't be silly! That's wild speculation!"

"So then why would I want to send-"

"Let me know when he emails you. In fact, check your inbox right now."

"Right now? Hold on, I'll... well I'll be damned. He emailed me."

"Great! Let me know how it goes!"

"Uhm.. OK. Any word on your money?"

"You're the best, Dave. Talk to you later!"

And if you could hang up on IM, that's where he'd've hung up on me.

I talked to Charlie, he said go for it. So I sent the script, the one that Producer Dude hasn't seen, to the new guy who we'll call New Producer Guy. (Not to be confused with Producer Dude.)

Perhaps you now see how Today's news led to Yesterday's news, yes?

What happens now? Well New Producer Guy will read Siege and decide if hew wants to do it or not. If he likes it, he'll make it. Or, well, I suppose it'd be more accurate to say that if he likes it, we'll be in the same boat, but with a different Producer. We'll start waiting for HIS money.

If he doesn't like it, it goes back to Producer Dude, and we keep waiting for HIS money.

You following all of this?

Oh and one other thing. If New Producer Guy likes it, he's agreed to give us a little more money than we were getting from Producer Dude.

So I'm proud to say that Siege just took one massive step to the side on it's road to getting made. I mean now it's not quite being made by TWO people!

We rock!