Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Yeah! Dave *IS* a Bastard!

Over the past few days, I've received a number of emails and IMs from concerned B-Movie-Writerphiles.

That specific number would be two, but still... that's "a number of emails and IMs."

"Dear Less-Talented Guy," both correspondences began. Its comforting to know that we've grown into roles with this blog. There's Dave, and then me. The "less-talented guy."

They go on: "We're concerned that Dave has kicked you to the curb. His agent told him to drop the "Curse Of the Jaguar" and so he just crapped all over you and dumped the project you were working on? What a flaming jerk!!"

So... I wanted to post a follow-up note and let you all know that, even though Dave may be a flaming jerk, its not for dumping anything he and I are working on.

See... it appears that some folks misunderstood "Curse of the Jaguar" to be the script we're working on. This couldn't be further from the truth. "Curse of the Jaguar" is set in the Mayan Jungle and involves an ancient curse. The thing Dave and I are writing is set in the AMAZON Jungle and involves an ancient curse. Come on, people. Get it straight!

Plus, as I understand it, "Curse of the Jaguar" has something to do with a haunted luxury sedan.

Anyhow, the bottom line is that Dave and I continue to work on our pygmy/devil-worshipping/opera-like opus, at least until the Manager person tells him to dump it.

Or me. Whichever comes first, I suppose.

But fear not, Dear readers. Dave's not going anywhere. Even if he does become big and famous, I have those pictures from that weekend trip to Tijuana, ensuring he'll always have time for B-Movies with Charlie, and B-Movie-Writers, with all of you.

Charlie

Keywords: , , , , ,