Thursday, April 19, 2007

Coming Attractions

I'm still sitting on the unnamed Rear-Window remake/skating comedy/animated feature that Dave tossed over a few weeks ago. I NEED to move my ass, I just haven't.

I'm a bad person, I know. This weekend, hopefully.

In the meantime, we haven't just been sitting around. As I mentioned, I cajoled the raunchy comedy screenplay into the hands of the CEO of a Major Comedy Brand, and we've been waiting with baited breath for his response. I spoke with him yesterday and it went something like this...

"Hey CEO Buddy! How are you?!"

"Good, man. You?"

"Um... good. How was your trip last week. Do anything fun? Read anything good, maybe?"

"Oh, yeah... the trip was good, thanks."

"Right. But did you... you know... Read anything notable?"

"I read a crappy James Patterson novel."

"Uh huh. And that's it?"

"The paper, every day. Have to stay in touch."


"Right. And nothing else?"

"Not that I can think of. Why?"

"Screenplay, dude."

"What?

"THE FREAKING SCREENPLAY I SENT YOU!!!"

"Oh, yeah! Um... yeah. I haven't read it yet."

"Oh. Ok."

"So how was your week, Charlie?"

"Huh? Yeah, dude. Whatever. Look, I gotta run. Gimme a call once you read that script."

"Wha..."



In unrelated news, look for our latest interview, which should be published sometime next week, with the CEO of a Major Comedy Brand.

Charlie

Keywords: , , , , , ,