Friday, April 06, 2007

Laugh, and the world gives you money

So Charlie sent me the raunchy sex comedy that I gave him to update and revise a while back. And you know what? It's funny. And it's not just me saying this. Charlie says it's funny. And the people that Charlie has sent it to for notes have say it is funny. And I re-read it and laughed out loud a number of times. It's funny.

So naturally, I gave it a rewrite/polish. Now it's even funnier. Sent it back to Charlie. Let him run with it. He has some peeps he wants to shuffle it over to, peeps from a different life who know or are or have heard of people who could do something with it.

But don't tell My Manager.

See, about a year ago, I sent the script over to My Manager. They read it. They said "Eh." Then they said, "You're a horror/suspense guy. stick to that. Don't waste any time working on this."

So I sent it to Charlie and said, "I'm not working on this. You go work on it."

And he dusted it for fingerprints and added a gerund or two. Now it's got heat. Now it may hit eyes that could shower us with dollars. But I ain't mentioned to My Manager that I did anything with it. Because I'm the horror/suspense guy. And I'm nervous. See, I didn't, actually, do any work on it after My Manager told me not to. So I haven't disobeyed My Manager. But the script has found a life without me. And my name is on it. So eventually, if something were to happen, say Brad Pitt and Denzel Washington decided to team up for a raunchy sex-comedy with Helen Mirren and Mandy Moore, then I'd probably have to mention something to My Manager.

And we'll see how that goes.

But for now, Huzzah! We have funny script! We rock!

The world needs more laughter. Especially laughter mixed in with sex jokes.