Thursday, May 24, 2007

One Small Step for Siege...

OK, so check it out.

Finally, after months, weeks, years, decades, whatever, of trying to connect with Producer Dude, I had A CALL.

See, he's been out of the country making another film. He's in post, ready to get going on the next big thing (Siege).

So we hammered out contract details. He had given me an old contract, I had sent it to My Manager for an unofficial "Hey, can you look at this and tell me if your client is gonna sign away his life if he signs this?" look. My Manager made notes. Unofficially.

I sent notes to Producer Dude. Producer Dude sent notes to Producer Dude's Contract Dude(ette) (I don't know if it's a male or female Contract-person.) They came back with comments on My Manager's notes.

And we waited for about two or three months to connect and hammer out the final details.

They are hammered.

We've agreed on everything. he's sent the agreement to Producer Dude's Contract Dude(ette).

We're on a roll.

So what does this mean?

It means that we're probably two or three weeks away from having an officially signed contract, and getting the $17.49 option payment.

Then we wait.

Oh, and while hammering the contract out, I was totally able to screw Charlie over and get most of the money. I rock.