Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Fits and Starts

So, remember oh-so-long-ago when I told you all how I was being considered for a total big-name remake? Wasn't that exciting? News like that comes around and it gets you all jazzed, and you can't wait to tell everyone in your world, or at least, on your blog.

Since then? Nothing.

It's enough to give a guy an ulcer. Hurry up and wait. Hurry up and wait.

"David, get that rewrite of the TV project in tomorrow because I'm meeting with a guy who knows a guy who is looking for a project and owes me a favor."

"Uhm.. OK My Manager."

**three weeks pass**

"Hey, My Manager. Any word on that TV project thing that I rushed out to you three weeks ago?"

"Has it only been three weeks? Man, you need to chill out."

"Did you at least see the guy who knew the guy?"

"David, David, David. So young, so naive."

"Am I pretty?"

"Shut up and write."

My only real experience, not counting Producer Dude- who runs on Island Time as long as it's the Island from Lost, was with the Big Company that looked at Siege. They took a long time. Turns out EVERYBODY takes a long time.

It's like Hollywood is stuck in a time bubble where events churn along at a snail's pace. They've done studies and discovered that time moves at approximately 37% the speed it does anywhere else on Earth. Something about all that sun.

So we wait and we wonder.

Meanwhile.

Producer Dude is on the ball. In fact, he forwarded us an email from his people that said they'd have the contracts back to him (and hence back to us) by the end of this week.

Place your bets! Place your bets!