Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I'm Frothy

Sometimes we blog because we have exciting news to share with you, our reader.

Sometimes we blog because we had deep thoughts to share with you, our reader.

Sometimes we just blog.

This is one of those times.

We are waiting, per usual, on all the different people to get back to us. Charlie claims to have written a few pages on our operatic/jungle/fresh fruit romance. I'll believe it when I see it. I have gone over my draft of my TV pilot for the umpteenth time and sent it on to My Manager. To wait.

So actually, I need something to do. Now don't get me wrong, I have a number of things I SHOULD be doing. I'm supposed to be going over my book treatment with a fine-toothed comb. But I'm just not in the frame of mind for that. I could try to work on the hot new idea I hinted at a few blog posts ago, but right now I'm not burnin' with the fever, if you get my drift.

Right now, I want to sit on my ass and watch TV. I'm TiVoing Star Trek: Enterprise reruns on Sci-Fi and HDNet, since I never watched the show when it aired. I'm tired. My daughter is out of school, so I don't get any break even when my son naps. I could write in the evening, after they're all asleep. But instead, I want to watch Star Trek.

I'll get through this little bump in the road. Producer Dude will get his act together, or one of the many people I'm waiting for will get back to me with news, or My Manager will get back to me on the TV pilot. Or something. And I'll get jazzed to write.

But for now, set phasers on stun and turn off the TV if I've fallen asleep on the couch.