Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Little Script That Could

Not to make this blog all about me, me, me, but...

Let's talk about me.

Actually, first, let's chat about Charlie and Me. I have some time on my hands, and told Charlie to send me what he had on our untitled tree-hugger/boa constrictor/window pane romance and I'd dive in with gusto. Since he was taking longer to get any writing done than Natalie Portman answering his creepy fan mail, I figured it would be good to get a fresh set of eyes.

So he sent me half a scene, about 5 or 6 pages.

Granted, he had an unenviable task. We had this big action sequence in the story that didn't really go with the rest of the movie, so it was decided to switch it out with something new. And we had no idea what that would be. So he tried. And truth told, his idea isn't bad. Still not sure it works. But I certainly haven't come up with anything better. So there ya go. I'll probably tinker a bit, see if I can get his idea to work. If I can't, then I may go back to the drawing board. See if I can come up with something, then see if it floats Charlie's boat. And then back again. See, we've been doing this dance for a while, and we're having a heck of a time of it.

So that's Charlie and Me.

Now me.

So, like, remember when I told y'all about my little horror script that got me some meetings last year? Right, that one. And how it's got some life again? Right, that one.

More life.

I guess My Manager, not having anything new of mine to work with, has decided to send the same script out, one year later.

So last night My Manager tells me that a company that you haven't heard of, which was started by a producer who did a movie that you have heard of, has taken a liking to the script. And now they are considering me to work on one of two projects they have in development. One project is an as-yet unknown horror project that may or may not be based on a Japanese horror film. The other project is a remake of a very big film that you've heard of.

We'll know more in a couple of weeks. Could be nothing. Could be something. Could be something really big. But this little script of mine is once again opening doors. Now if only one of those doors would lead to some cash cash.

Rock on!

Oh, and nothing new from Producer Dude.