Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Having My Doubts

I'm sure every writer goes through this.

Dave knows Producer Dude well, and swears to me that he has faith things will still happen.

But... I'm starting to have my doubts.

Ya see... we've been plugging along on the script like there's no tomorrow. Tweaking and re-writing and counting Gunmen like they were little sheep.

But pre-production on the actual film itself has sort of ground to a halt. It seems there's been some red tape with the key funding or something, and things haven't fully "closed" yet. Producer Dude remains confident, if not a bit embarassed by the hold up, and pretty much anyone "industy" I talk to tells me its pretty common stuff.

But it still worries me. I mean... after all this, I want SIEGE to see the light of day. Even if it IS the light of day in Waziristan (whattup, Azam Warsak?!!).

Originally there was talk this flick would start production in early January. We haven't received an update to the contrary, but at this point I just don't see how that's physically possible. Even for a bMovie, that'd be moving too fast.

So then I wring my hands, worrying becuase I'm pretty sure Producer Dude has something lined up for April or sometime around then, and SIEGE was going to be his Q1 project. If it can't start on time will it get buried because of the Q2 committment?

Meanwhile, Dave and I are starting to think about our next project. Should it be another script for Producer Dude? He's already got some ideas he'd like us to kick around... but it sure would be great to see how this one turns out (or at least gets started) before we start cranking on another project.

Anyhow... we still have a fantastic sci-fi flick available for any interested takers. Its got it all... assasinations, time travel, the illuminati... think The DaVinci Code meets Timesplitters meets Sam Spade.

*cough*

Charlie