Friday, December 30, 2005

When Inspiration Strikes

So while we sit on our thumbs waiting to hear from Producer Dude on the status of the money, Charlie and I are moving on.

Next project. Bring it on.

This time, we're gonna tackle horror. Charlie actually had this kick-ass one-line pitch. One of those ideas that, when he announced it over IM to me, I tilted my head and made a noise like a cute puppy.

It may be the most marketable pitch I've ever worked on, and kudos for Charlie for coming up with it. I mean "Die Hard in a House" is fine and all, but this one is something you can sink your teeth into.

We're not gonna, blab out what it is right now, for obvious reasons, but you loyal followers are getting in on the ground floor of the creative process with this one. Should be quite the thrill ride.

It is not, incidently, for Producer Dude. He does not, at this time, do horror. This script is for Charlie and me. To make our fortunes on. Fame, fortune, chicks, the works. When Producer Dude gets his money and moves forward on Siege and then puts a couple other scripts of mine into production, then we'll go back to him and write another bold and beautiful action-riffic B-movie for him. But that's at least a few months in the future (or a few decades, if you listen to the nay-sayers. Booo, Nay-Sayers!!!). So for now, having perked the creative juices working together on Siege, we're ready for the next adventure.

And I really like this idea. I hope we don't screw it up.