Friday, December 16, 2005

One Page. One Page. You're Lucky Just to Have Just One Page (with apologies to Whodini)

Since starting this blog, I've come to realize something...

There are a LOT of blogging screenwriters on the internet. Lots of 'em. Good ones. Bad ones. Novice ones. Super successful ones.

One of the successful writer/bloggers is Michael Patrick Sullivan, who recently issued this challenge on his blog Red Right Hand:

“I issue a challenge to the other spec monkeys that read this. It’s simple enough. Any of you can do it. Post one page from a script you wrote on your website.”

Lots of writers joined in. Adventures in Storytelling. The Screenwriting Life. Velociraptors on a Space Shuttle. Sanctum of the ScriptWeaver.

And now? B Movie Writers. Ladies and Gentlemen, Page 25:



Hope you like this little sneak peek.

In the meantime, I just want to make it clear to all involved that I've completed the much anticipated "weapons rewrite" of the script. I think Dave feels a bit let down. I scrubbed the damn thing and everyone has what they should have. Sure, I fixed a few typos, but by and large, the scrub that Dave's been so anxiously awaiting was rather uneventful.

Sorry Dave.

Charlie


Tags: , ,